If you love camping and nature but you also want to spend your holidays comfortably….the glamping is for you. If you would like to know more about Glamping in Italy … here is our article about our stay in Tuscany (Siena) in our fantastic Coco Sweet: four days to discover a beautiful area of Tuscany between art, culture and nature #Assisi #Siena #Pienza #BagnoVignoni #Montepulciano #BagniSanFilippo # Orvieto
Here I’ll explain you why we fell in love with it!
- The Coco Sweet is an equipped tent. This is a very unique tent, with transparent-opaque rigid walls, a covered outdoor patio with deck chairs, table and chairs, a stove, a microwave and a refrigerator. In the tent there are two “rooms”: one with a double bed and one with two single beds. Keep in mind, however, that the tent does not have running water or baths, so you have to use those of the camping. The baths are very well equipped and super clean.
- What to do in this area The camping has some pools that invites you to spend the whole day relaxing, but nearby there are also a lot of things to do and places to visit! During our stay we went a whole day to Assisi which is just over an hour’s drive from the campsite. On the other days we spent half a day in the pool (always the top choice for children!) and the other half visiting the surrounding area. We visited:
– Bagni San Filippo If youare lovers of free hot springd, ie those thermal areas totally immersed in nature, you can not miss the Bagni San Filippo: an enchanted landscape that has left us speechless! … and more They are free!
– Pienza, the Ideal City is located about 30 km from the campsite.
– Bagno Vignoni is a unique village characterized by the central square occupied by a large medieval basin where water flows from the thermal spring. Around the “square-pool” ?? Yes because the tub almost entirely occupies the space of the square in which it is located overlooking the medieval buildings (with various restaurants and bars) and the loggia of Santa Caterina da Siena.
This is is only a small part of the tours in the are…. You can also visit:
– Siena, reachable in an hour by car or train
– Orvieto which is about 55 km from the Camping
– The Etruscan necropolis
– Sarteano with its castle
– Florence and Perugia, both reachable by car or by train in just over an hour
- The campsite is super equipped with 2 tennis courts, 1 multi-purpose basketball and volleyball court, a playground and an area equipped for outdoor sports. We also loved the restaurants inside the camping : pizzas with wood oven, pici all’aglione and tagliata were our favorite dishes … .and of course, a good glass of red wine!
- The pools are always the top for my son Gabriele! The Camping has thermal mineral pools fed by the Santa Lucia spring. The pools are 3: a swimming pool (33x15 meters), surrounded by a beautiful lawn with free sunbeds and umbrellas, it is reserved exclusively for the camping customers. The other two pools are both also accessible by daily customers. One, characterized by a large waterfall, has been renovated by Haruki Miyagima, a very famous Japanese architect.